Posts tagged ‘fish oil’
Dr. Terry Wahls gives an astonishing TEDx speech on how she cured her MS (multiple sclerosis) by planning a diet to feed her brain and mitochondria. Just a couple of years ago she was sitting in a wheel chair. Now she is walking, biking, riding a horse and changing the world with speeches like this. Not just fascinating and interesting, also very touching.
I strongly suggest to watch this video: Dr. Terry Wahls – Minding Your Mitochondria.
For those of you curious of the specific recommendations, this is what she eats:
- 3 cups of green leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, parsley etc.) a day for vitamins B, A, C, K and minerals
- 3 cups of sulphur rich veggies (cabbages, onion etc.) a day
- 3 cups of bright colors (vegetables, berries, fruits) a day for flavonoids and polyphenols
- omega 3 (wild caught fish, grass fed beef) every day
- organ meats once a week for vitamins, minerals and coenzyme Q
- seaweed once a week for iodine
Eating all this ” — will dramatically increase the vitamin and mineral content of your diet. Plus you have dramatically lowered your risk for food allergies.”
The magnificent Robb Wolf, the guy behind The Paleolithic Solution, has published a simple yet very informative fish oil calculator. So if you’re unsure how many grams you should take in per day, pay a visit here! Also to check the doses for your trainees if you have some.