Dr. Terry Wahls cures her MS with a hunter gatherer diet
Dr. Terry Wahls gives an astonishing TEDx speech on how she cured her MS (multiple sclerosis) by planning a diet to feed her brain and mitochondria. Just a couple of years ago she was sitting in a wheel chair. Now she is walking, biking, riding a horse and changing the world with speeches like this. Not just fascinating and interesting, also very touching.
I strongly suggest to watch this video: Dr. Terry Wahls – Minding Your Mitochondria.
For those of you curious of the specific recommendations, this is what she eats:
- 3 cups of green leafy vegetables (kale, spinach, parsley etc.) a day for vitamins B, A, C, K and minerals
- 3 cups of sulphur rich veggies (cabbages, onion etc.) a day
- 3 cups of bright colors (vegetables, berries, fruits) a day for flavonoids and polyphenols
- omega 3 (wild caught fish, grass fed beef) every day
- organ meats once a week for vitamins, minerals and coenzyme Q
- seaweed once a week for iodine
Eating all this ” — will dramatically increase the vitamin and mineral content of your diet. Plus you have dramatically lowered your risk for food allergies.”